Residential Property
Lettings Agents & Property Management

The Property Ombudsman Money Shield


Mortgage Consent

If your property is mortgaged you must advise your bank, building society or other lender that you propose letting your property and obtain their written consent. Sometimes an administration fee is charged for issuing a consent letter - if necessary we will liaise with your lender on your behalf.

Leasehold Consent

If your property is leasehold, your headlease will state whether or not you require permission from the Freeholder to sublet. You should find that your lease will contain a clause indicating that you must obtain consent from your head leaseholder (or freeholder) but that such consent should not be unreasonably withheld from you. If necessary, we will be pleased to liaise with your leaseholder on your behalf.

« Back to the Landlords Guide